Free job-seeking workshops offered in December
November 28, 2018 | Career Planning | No Comments|
Several free workshops will be offered for job seekers in December at the West County America’s Job Center in Oxnard.
Here’s the schedule:
- Dec. 5, 12 and 19, 10 a.m. to noon, “Social Media”: Using social media as a powerful tool for networking and building career success, participants will focus on creating a positive personal brand and will learn the importance of social media etiquette.
- Dec. 6, 13 and 20, 10 a.m. to noon, “Career Pathways to Success”: Participants will learn about Ventura County’s thriving industry sectors as well as top occupations.
- Dec. 7, 8 a.m. to noon, “Resumes That Sell”: Participants will get hands-on assistance in completing their résumé, cover letter and “thank you” letter, walking away with a portfolio that shows off their professional documents. Participants should come prepared with their employment history for the past 10 years and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three personal and three professional references.
- Dec. 11, 1:30-5 p.m., veterans orientation: This collaborative meeting will focus on information on local services and programs that are available to veterans.
- Dec. 14, 8 a.m. to noon, “Winning Interviews”: Participants will gain tools to make a lasting impression, walking away with their own 30-second commercial that allows them to quickly and efficiently discuss their skills.